AdvantaStaff is looking to hire Assemblers in the Colonial Heights area starting at $13 per hour. This is temp to fulltime position with benefits including health insurance, paid time off, and more (after meeting eligibility requirements). The assemblers will assemble complete refrigeration cases or partial sub-assemblies, including tanks, canopies, base frames, hardware kits, plenums, or other parts as assigned.
1st shift $13.00
2nd/3rd shift $13.75
Monday-Friday with all shifts available (plus OT and weekends as needed)
• Read and comprehend an “A” order.
• Identify parts used on their assigned product line and their placement location on the product itself.
• Read and comprehend the work order.
• Performs any assembly-type function, using hand or power tools
• Utilize appropriate information given on material gauging and dimensioning, etc.
• Read rulers, tape measures, metal squares, and other measuring instruments.
• Fasten parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets, or fasteners.
• Works at different work stations as production needs require.
• Works as member of assembly team building units to completion.
• Performs appropriate preventive maintenance on equipment and tooling.
• Identify power and hand tools used on their assigned product line.
• Identify parts and part descriptions using work order information
• May be required to perform specific tasks that involve standing, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, or kneeling.
• Must be able to lift with or without mechanical aids on a recurring basis (up to 50 lbs.)
• Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels, and dust.
• A background check is required.
Work Experience and/or Education Requirements:
• High School Diploma/GED
• Previous manufacturing experience of at least 1 year is preferred.
• Health and life insurance
• Vacation and holiday pay
• Training to enhance your opportunities for advancement
• Temp to full time work after a short trial period
• Right-fit focus to make sure you’re doing the work you can feel good about
• Breadth of employer options
• First-day training so you know what to expect from day one
• Respectful, employee-focused work environment
AdvantaStaff is the region’s premier resource for qualified short and long-term staffing for distribution, manufacturing and light industrial businesses throughout central Virginia. We service the cities of Richmond, Petersburg and Colonial Heights as well as Hanover, Henrico, Chesterfield, Dinwiddie and Prince George counties.
Apply Online: advantastaff.com
Call with questions 804-414-1560 or email email@example.com